Together, over 60 organisations have developed and implemented more than 900 actions to improve the way their organisations respond to issues of financial inclusion and wellbeing.
Systemic Impact at a National Level
- FIAP programs to promote and incentivise savings targeted 41,000 clients with the total value of these programs estimated to be over $19 million.
- Just over half a million people participated in over 2,000 workshops to increase financial capabilities. At least 121,000 people were supported in times of financial need, with this support valued at over $62 million.
- Around 10,000 staff were trained to improve their capacity, attitude and behaviors to support financially vulnerable households.
- Organisations trained 150 employees on issues related to family and domestic violence.
- Over 8,000 customers were referred to other services for additional support, either within another part of the FIAP organisation or to an external organisation.
- Examples of collaboration were widespread, with respondents collaborating with an average 14 other organisations to promote financial wellbeing, inclusion and resilience.
Place-Based Impact for a Financially Resilient Community
In 2020-2021, organisations across Geelong came together for a Place-Based action plan. Some of the highlights include:
- Deakin University provided $6.7 million as financial assistance to students experiencing hardship as result of COVID-19.
- Bethany assisted 86 clients through their financial counselling/financial capability support services.
- Barwon Water provided $498,527 as grant assistance to 3547 vulnerable customers through its Customer Support Program.
- Aware Super delivered 650+ webinars, covering 24 different topics, to help vulnerable members to make best decisions about their financial future especially around early access of superannuation.
- WorkSafe Victoria introduced a new financial wellbeing program to better support their employees.
Our Case Studies
Every FIAP includes a commitment to report on progress made against actions. Find out more about our members’ stories below.
Case Study: Anglicare SA’s Client-Centered Approach to Housing Support
I am a financial counsellor with Anglicare SA. Our NFP organisation encompasses a multitude of community service supports, with a focus on providing an individual integrated approach to client services,…
Case Study: LaunchMe First Nations Program
Mark is a Ngarrindjeri man who wanted to share the history and knowledge of local Tribes with others. Mark began working with Brett, LaunchMe First Nations Coach and through a…
Case Study: Barwon Water Customer Support Program
In line with commitments to customers in our Strategy 2030, Barwon Water is always seeking to keep our bills as low as we can. We also offer a range of…